Sunday, February 14, 2016

An Heirloom Wedding Cross Stitch Sampler





An Heirloom Wedding Sampler

I cross stitched this design for my daughter and son-in-law on their wedding in 2004.  The original design was featured in Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine, May/June 1986.  I changed the ribbon and hearts border to the maple leaf and ecru cross which matched the theme of their wedding.  The colors were changed a bit too.  I do apologize as I have no idea who the original designer of this beautiful cross stitch pattern is.  If you know the designer's name, please let me know in a comment below so we may give them credit.  Thank you!

 Original design featured in Cross Stitch & Country Crafts May/June 1986

3 comments:

  1. Truly a very nice wedding cross stitch sampler. Liked it a lot. I am going to have a custom wedding and will be having our ceremony at one of iconic wedding venues NYC. Looking for colorful décor ideas for decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Zerry ht. :) Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece! I would love to complete this for my nephew (& Godson) for his wedding next October--any chance I could borrow/buy the pattern?

    ReplyDelete